Monday, December 2, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

What does it mean to celebrate yourself? It doesn't mean that you're arrogant or full of yourself and it does not give a person the authority to brag about themselves. Celebrating yourself simply means that you are secure enough as a person to acknowledge your own accomplishments and humble enough to understand that you are not a god. The act of celebrating one's self is often thought of with a negative connotation, but I think that it is only healthy. People love it when other people complement them, so why isn't it acceptable for a person to complement themselves? Every person has their insecurities and their downfalls. When I am personally feeling down about myself I try to find one strength in my personality for every downfall that dampens my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment